CHN, ESP, GAB, IRI – Four new full members of International Federation Icestocksport accepted at 63rd IFI Ordinary Congress.
Manfred Schäfer has been re-elected unanimously as President of the International Federation Icestocksport on 25th February 2018 at the 63rd Ordinary IFI Congress in Winklarn, AUT. The election results and composition of the IFI Executive Board are as follows:
- Volker Bernardi, Vice-President, Legal Affairs and Olympic Relations
- Baldur Brandt, Vice-President, International Affairs
- Dr. Victor M. Garcia-Barrios, Vice-President, Special Affairs
- Emil Reumer, Vice-President, Finance
- Karl Rosenberger, Vice-President, Sport
- Andrea Spiess, Vice-President, Women’s Affairs
Ex-officio members of the Executive Committee are:
- Dr. Eberhardt Anke, Chair of Medical Commission
- Marion Huber, Chair of Athletes’ Commission
The Congress accepted the application of four new member federations i.e. People’s Republic of China (CHN), Spain (ESP), Gabon (GAB) and Islamic Republic of Iran (IRI). This brings the total membership to 46 nations on five continents. Further, it was decided that the next European Championships will be held in Kaunas, Lithuania in 2019.