- Sample of ballot paper for the elections 2018 of the Athletes’ Commission: AC Election 2018 – ballot paper – SAMPLE
To: Members taking part in the Men’s and Women’s World Championships 2018
We hereby request that you vote in the elections to our Athletes’ Commission (5 members) which will be held during the Men’s and Women’s Icestock World Championships 2018.
The time and place of the election will be announced upon registration in Amstetten, Austria.
All athletes who are registered to participate in the World Championships are eligible to vote.
Item 16.3 of our statutes states that the members of the Athletes’ Commission are to be elected according to the rules of the International Olympic Committee. These specify, for example that
- members of the Athletes’ Commission should be at least 18 years of age,
- members have never been sanctioned for doping,
- candidates are taking part in World Championships at the time of the election or have done so in the last four years,
- members should come from all disciplines,
- both genders should be represented in the Commission,
- the members elect a Chairperson,
- the term of office may be up to 4 years,
- members may be re-elected if they fulfil the conditions,
- elections should take part shortly before or after the elections to the Executive Board.
In order to compile a list of candidates, we hereby request our members to nominate a candidate from their association. The person must fulfil the above conditions and, if elected, must be prepared to accept office.
Deadline for nominations (time limit for submissions by fax/email to the IFI Office):29 January 2018